Specialties and Expertise
- Neuro Critical Care
Baxter Ballantine Allen, MD, a neurologist and neurocritical care specialist, is an attending neurologist and neurointensivist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and New York-Presbyterian Queens, and an assistant professor of clinical neurology at Weill Cornell Medicine. Board certified in neurology, Dr. Allen has a special focus on stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, traumatic brain injury, seizures, and neurological conditions.
Active in research, Dr. Allen is currently studying traumatic brain injury leading to post-traumatic epilepsy, effective therapies for head injuries, and the detection of seizures. He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology,the American Epilepsy Society, and the Neurocritical Care Society, and sits on the medical advisory board for Women’s Voices For Change.
Dr. Allen has published research articles, editorials, reviews, and abstracts in various medical journals, including Neurocritical Care, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, and Neurosurgery, and has presented at annual conferences and medical meetings.
After graduating from Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. Allen remained at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine to serve his internship, neurology residency, and clinical neurophysiology fellowship. He completed his neurocritical care fellowship training at the David Geffen School of Medicineat UCLA.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2010
- B.S., University of Michigan, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported